When I told Gert Franz from Railo that it was a pity that there was no log viewing option in the Railo admin, he smiled and showed me a log analyzer plugin which he already wrote. "But it's still in development, so we haven't published it yet", he said.
The plugin indeed lacked some options, but not anymore! I added the remaining options, and now made it available to everyone via my extensionProvider.
It shows you the logs from the web admin, ordered by error message, last occurence date, or amount of occurences. And you can off course download the log file.
Installation for one website, or the server context (new!)
Go to your Web or Server admin, click on Extension > Providers, and add the following url:
Then, go to Extension > Applications, and install the Log analyzer (web version) or the Log analyzer (global server version) (server version)
Last, you have to logout and login to the admin again, to see the new plugin in the navigation.
Installer for multiple websites
Someone asked on the mailing list why the plugin could not be installed from within the server admin. For my own servers, that would also be a great option. One installer to rule them all!
So what you now can do, is add the extension provider to the SERVER admin, and then install the Log analyzer installer plugin. This plugin can then install and uninstall the plugin to any web context (website) you want.
Version 2.1, 1 december 2010: added the server Log analyzer plugin. Fixed a bug which occured if the log had an empty error message. Changed some security issues related to allowed paths.
Version 1.1.3, 4-11-2010: fixed a major bug in version 1.1.2: for some reason I can't use private functions in the plugin :-/
Version 1.1.2, 4-11-2010: fixed a bug: the last error of any parsed template was not used/shown.
Version 1.1.1, 4-11-2010:
- fixed error when trying to change the 'rows per page' select box on windows
- improved file parsing: sometimes new errors were skipped or appended to the previous error "detail output"
- html formatting in the error message and detail is now escaped with htmlEditFormat()
- chart on the detail page now hopefully only shows integers
- chart is only shown if there is more then one occurence date
- chart x-axis is now sorted correctly on date
- long text without spaces in error detail is now broken into pieces, to prevent the table from running off-screen.